Microsoft Corporation is a multinational corporation that is headquartered in Redmond, Washington. This company was first established in 1975 and since then has continued to dominate the computing and technology market through operating systems and game consoles. Additionally, this company has also created a range of office suites that make it easier for users to create assignments and projects for various purposes.
What is High Capacity Color Barcode (HCCB)?
High Capacity Color Barcode, or HCCB, was designed within Microsoft Research by Gavin Jancke, who is the director of engineering. This type of technology was designed to assist in the identification of video games and motion pictures. These codes can be scanned with either a cell phone camera or a webcam, and will direct users to a wide variety of information, some of which can include pricing, promotions and identification information. This particular format provides you with the ability to store high-density data on analog printed media.
- High Capacity Color Barcodes (HCCB): This page on the official Microsoft website provides you with information on what HCCBs are and information on who invented the concept.
- A Theory of Color Barcodes: This PDF document describes the history of barcodes and how they are used in technology today.
- Microsoft Tags: This page discusses the technology behind the Microsoft tag, otherwise known as the HCCB.
- High Capacity Colored Two Dimensional Codes: This 8-page PDF document provides you with a description of HCCBs and how they compare with other types of barcodes.
- 2D Color Barcodes for Mobile Phones: This 20-page PDF document provides you with an in-depth look at the two-dimensional codes that are used and designed for mobile phones to scan.
How is HCCB Used?
These types of codes are used on a variety of products and for different purposes. For instance, if you are a real estate agent, you can make use of this code to provide interested parties more information on your available listings. Likewise, this code can also be placed in magazines and other printed media to provide potential customers with promotions and discounts to shop at the retailer’s store. Cell phone users can simply download the appropriate application that is designed to read these codes. Once the code is scanned, the user is taken to the corresponding information that was put into the code during the design.
- Five Ways Retailers Can Use Microsoft Tag Today: Read about five of the ways that retailers can make use of the Microsoft Tag in order to increase sales and marketing results.
- High Capacity Color Barcode: Navigate through the variety of articles on this site as they relate to HCCBs and how they can be used.
- Gain More Exposure Through MS Tags on Products and Advertisements: Read about how the use of Microsoft Tags makes digital advertising simple and more effective.
- QR Codes and Microsoft Tags: Helpful Tools for Shopping if You’re Careful: This article discusses how these two-dimensional codes are helpful when shopping and in the retail industry.
- What is Tag?: This article discusses exactly what the Microsoft Tag is and how it can be used throughout various industries.
History of Microsoft
Microsoft was first founded in 1975 for the purpose of developing and selling BASIC interpreters. These interpreters were for the Altair 8800, which was a microcomputer design that was sold through mail order advertisements. This company grew over the years and took over the market of the home operating system in the middle of the 1980s with MS-DOS. After this accomplishment, the company then followed with the line of operating systems known as Microsoft Windows. In recent years, the company entered into the video game market.
- The History of Microsoft: Read about the brief description of the history of Microsoft.
- A History of Microsoft Windows: This page discusses the history of Microsoft Windows.
- Microsoft: A History of Anticompetitive Behavior and Consumer Harm: This 33-page PDF document provides you with an extensive look into the business aspect of Microsoft’s history.
- Microsoft History: Read about the history of Microsoft, including information on the founder, Bill Gates.
- History of Microsoft: This page provides you with a list of videos that were put together as a series to show the history behind this software company.
Microsoft’s Other Achievements in Technology
The Microsoft Corporation has had many achievements within the field of technology. From home computer operating systems to video game systems, this company continues to provide the public with business and recreational products. In addition to the actual operating systems that continue to be created, this company also dominates the office suite market. With Microsoft Office, users are able to complete a wide range of projects and work needs with Excel, Word, Access and the rest of the suite.
Windows 95 was released on August 24, 1995. This Windows software was a significant improvement from the previous versions of Windows products. Within two years after it was released, this operating system was named as the most successful system that was ever produced. The next operating system was not introduced to the market until three years later, which was Windows 98.
- Windows 95: A brief overview of the key features of the Windows 95 operating system.
- How to Use Windows 95 and 98: This page discusses information that shows you how to get information about your operating system and hardware.
- Windows 95 Information: Read about basic Windows 95 information including version information and Windows 95 secrets.
- Windows 95 is Ready. Are You?: This article discusses in-depth information about Windows 95, some of which includes features and networking capabilities.
- Windows 95: Learn about Winsock files, CAB files and how to reinstall Windows 95 on your computer.
The Xbox 360 was released to the public in 2005 and was developed after the Xbox. This game system was the second video game console that was released by the company. This game system allows the player to connect online to compete with other players, and also provides you with streaming services to watch and download games and movies. This system is in competition with the Wii game system by Nintendo and the Sony PlayStation 3.
- Xbox 360: This site provides you with information on how to correctly set up your Xbox 360 from registration to finding the MAC address.
- Finding the Xbox 360 MAC Address: Learn the necessary steps to finding your Xbox 360’s MAC address.
- Xbox 360 Setup: This page discusses the necessary steps for you to correctly set up your Xbox 360 game system.
- Xbox 360 Hard Drive: Read about the system information, including how to install, remove and transfer information to another device.
- Xbox vs. PS3: This PDF document provides you with a collection of diagrams to show you the difference between Xbox and PlayStation3.
Bing is a search engine that was released on May 28, 2009 by the CEO of Microsoft, Steve Ballmer. This web search engine was formerly MSN Search, Windows Live Search and Live Search. This search engine was made completely available online on June 3, 2009. Bing and Yahoo! agreed to a collaboration on July 29, 2009, which stated that Bing would power Yahoo! Search.
- Bing: This is the official link to the Microsoft Bing search engine.
- Can Microsoft Make You Bing?: This article discusses Bing as a search engine compared to its main competitor, Google.
- Microsoft Bing: This page provides you with a list of new articles that discuss Microsoft Bing as a business.
- Microsoft Advertising: This is the official page to set up advertising account with Microsoft Bing.
- Microsoft Bing: Much Better Than Expected: This article discusses how the outcome of Microsoft Bing was better than many expected it to be.