Learning can be easy and fun with mobile educational games and activities. With the help of a parent, you can download them to a cell phone or other mobile device. There are many applications (apps) you to learn from, including math, social studies, science, foreign language, health education and English. Apps are pieces of software that can run on the Internet, on your computer, on your mobile phone or other electronic device. You can find apps for learning how to count, the parts of the body, how to spell and other fun, educational activities. Use the resources below to find entertaining games you can download.
- Time Table Math: Learn the times tables by practicing math multiplication problems.
- NxtApp 4 Kids: Have fun with math and numbers by completing number sequences.
- PopMath for iPhone and iPod Touch: Practice your math skills by choosing the right number bubbles as they float across the screen.
- Instant Interactive Drills 1.0: Sharpen your basic math by finding answers to math problems with the help of wooden blocks and other counting aids.
- Math Magic: Learn arithmetic by figuring out math problems and picking from multiple answers.
- iAmerica: Find information on U.S. states, presidents, the White House, the 3 branches of government and other important U.S. history topics.
- Pearson’s Social Studies Apps: Arcade games, puzzles and word games to help you learn about American history and world history.
- gWhiz: Create flashcards with important facts and information you want to learn about history.
- SparkNotes iPhone Viewer: Portable study guide that helps you browse quickly for information on any topic you would like.
- Sid’s Science Fair: Discover and classify collections, identify patterns and create charts with objects of similar traits.
- 101 Science: Challenge yourself with questions about biology, chemistry, general science, earth science and physics.
- Astronomy Picture of the Day: Read interesting facts about the universe and view a new astronomy picture on your mobile device each day.
- McGraw-Hill K-12 eFlashcards: Learn science vocabulary and definitions from each chapter in your textbook through flashcards.
Foreign Language – French and Spanish
- AccelaStudy: Foreign language vocabulary words to learn in many topics, including colors, weather, food and drink, time, days, months and seasons, technology and more.
- Mind Snacks: Play language games to learn foreign language vocabulary, reading, writing, listening, and conversation skills.
- Babbel: Beginners can learn a second language with vocabulary and grammar training courses.
- iStart Spanish: Audio tutoring and 50 simple lessons on how to start speaking the Spanish language.
- FrenchPod 101: Repeat French vocabulary words to learn the language and play-back your recording to compare it with the native speaker.
- Anatomy Quiz: Look at images and facts about the human body and its muscles, bones and organs.
- Sooner Jr.: Interactive animation and games that teach the importance of fitness, nutrition and sportsmanship.
English, Spelling, and Grammar
- Shakespeare in Bits: Animated story, full text and study notes to help you better understand the play of Romeo and Juliet.
- How Rocket Learned to Read: Storybook that helps you learn how to read through interactive pages.
- Simplex Spelling: Build words in this spelling game to help improve spelling, reading, writing and memory skills.
- Grammar App: Grammar tutorials that teach basic grammar, punctuation rules, writing rules and the parts of speech.
- Shake A Phrase: Shake up your mobile device to create new sentences and learn new words.
Other Adventure or Strategy Games
- Trivia Burst: Answer trivia questions and collect points as you work your way through three levels of difficulty.
- Chuzzle: Slide chuzzles across the screen and try to group 3-like colored chuzzles together.
- I Dig It – Expeditions: Travel around the world to collect ancient artifacts and discover new hazards, such as undiscovered species.
- Words with Friends: Strategy game that involves solving mystery words with your friends.
- Treasure Cube: Solve riddles and search through rooms to find treasures and escape the game.